Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mobile Learning Lab



I checked out the Podcasting and MP3 player sections of the exploration and I saw some ideas that I definitely liked. For example, using mp3 players as e-book readers would be a fantastic way to get those that aren't so into reading the ability to begin loving reading by listening instead. There was also a mention of guided notes, which I also think would be another great way for a teacher to give alternative pedagogical options when talking about students learning. Also, podcasts could provide an untapped resource when it comes to research papers or assignments. The amount of interviews and professional in-depth knowledge about basically everything and anything in podcasts is a resource worth showing to students and teaching them how to use that resource.

In my future classroom, I would really like to use iPads as an educational tool. I was talking to the technology director, and he is really think about ordering 30 iPads for use in the elementary school, something that excited me greatly. I would love to use the device as an e-reader as well as explore the multimedia tools that it comes with (2 HD Cameras, built-in apps). There are also a huge amount of app's written by random people in every conceivable category that are more than worth exploring. I do foresee the portability and fragility of the iPads maybe being a problem, but hopefully through education in the beginning accidents can be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello I am here