Friday, May 4, 2012

CEP 811 Final Reflection




CEP 811 was overall a fantastic experience that really did teach me a lot about integrating technology nto education. I have become a huge fan of Web 2.0 applications as well as resourceful sites like MERLOT because of CEP 811. 

Some things that I learned about effective teaching strategies when integrating technology were the UDL principals as well as NET-S standards. These resources are fantastic in integrating technology in the classroom because they take so many aspects of education into account. The UDL principals really taught me about taking learning and other disabilities into account when creating a technology based lesson plan. I feel that often times I didn't take into account these types of students in my past, but the UDL principals really brought me into the mindset of thinking about these aspects of technology.

When it comes to integrating web-based technologies, WEb 2.0 applications really changed my entire outlook on the future of technology. Free applications like Google Docs, Prezi, and Bubble.us are changing the entire future of technology. Cloud computing is becoming the future of technology as internet speeds and access are everywhere. Being able to create, store, edit, and collaborate on a space like the internet that can be accessed from everywhere in the world is a desirable quality in education which is why we are seeing the shift right now. Resources like MERLOT are also fantastic because they provide a space for like-minded people to collaborate and share resources that are useful in education.

As far as my own personal goals go, I am well on my way to meeting and even exceeding them is some respects. One personal goal of mine is to learn web design and this course got into a little bit of it. I learned how to use Google Sites which is an absolutely fantastic resource. Another goal of mine is to learn how to create and edit videos. I learned how to screencast which was a great resource to learn. Learning how to do a PowerPoint in kiosk mode with interactive buttons was not a goal of mine, but in doing the assignment I really learned about an aspect of PP that I never knew existed.

One goal that I do have now that this course is finished is to start a blog about my experiences both teaching technology and my lifestyle in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, where I will be moving this August. The new skills that I have learned will be extremely helpful in implementing my new blog. I plan on documenting my teaching experiences, especially when it comes to using new technologies. The school I will be at is a very technology-friendly environment. There will be a new iPad mobile lab, which I am very excited to start using. I also will be creating my own classroom website, hopefully from scratch, and this course definitely has given me a head start on doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello I am here